Power System Computational Laboratory at Florida International University (FIU) is led by Dr. Sumit Paudyal. He is currently Eminent Scholar Chaired Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at FIU. Dr. Paudyal was a faculty member (Assistant Professor 2012-2018, and Associate Professor 2018-2019) in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Michigan Technological University before joining FIU in 2019. Dr. Paudyal obtained PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Waterloo, Canada, in 2012; MS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Saskatchewan, Canada in 2008; and B.E. in Electrical Engineering from Tribhuvan University, Nepal, in 2003. Dr. Paudyal received NSF CAREER Award in 2018 and Best Professor of the Year Award in 2018 by the Eta Kappa Nu (HKN) Student Society at Michigan Tech. He was the Finalist of Michigan Tech Teaching Excellence Award in 2014 and was inducted to Michigan Tech’s Academy of Teaching Excellence in 2014. He is the recipient of FIU Top Scholar Award in 2023. Dr. Paudyal is currently serving as Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid and IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications.
Training and Appointments:
- Associate Professor, Florida International University, 2019-present.
- Associate Professor, Michigan Technological University, 2018-2019.
- Assistant Professor, Michigan Technological University, 2012-2018.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada, 2012.
- MSc in Electrical Engineering, University of Saskatchewan, Canada, 2008.
- B.E. in Electrical Engineering, Tribhuvan University, Nepal, 2003.
- Active Power Distribution Systems
- Power System Modeling
- Power System Dynamics and Control
- Power System Protection
- Smart Grids
- Power System Analysis
- Power System Operations and Market
- Advanced Power System Protection
- Power System Computer Modeling
- Power System Optimization
- Distribution System Analysis